Master's in Residential Education
Master’s in Residential Education
ABSA has partnered with the BSA (UK) and the University of Buckingham to provide a Master’s in Residential Education. The course is aimed at experienced practitioners from Australia, the UK and overseas who wish to undertake a Master’s degree. The course is built around an introductory study day at the University of Buckingham (which can be done online), followed by expert support from the University and ABSA.
This course takes 12-14 months and starts with an induction day. Full details of the course and syllabus may be found on the University of Buckingham school of education website.
Why should you do this course?
- it is an important form of professional development for all who work in boarding schools
- it is a unique course, specifically geared to those interested in pastoral care
- it is far cheaper than most other Master’s courses
- it does not require you to miss any days of work
- you are encouraged to pursue your own particular interests through the research dissertation
- you will have access to tutors who have experience with working in boarding schools.
- you will add to the boarding research pool available
The heart of the MA is a 12,000-15,000 word dissertation. You will learn research methods and be expected to read widely.
Staff whose school is a member of either the Boarding Schools’ Association or the Australian Boarding Schools Association are eligible for a 25% discount on course fees.