Sex Ed for Boarders - Elephant Ed
About Elephant Ed:
Since 2015, Elephant Ed has been transforming the way sex education is taught across Australia. Elephant Ed send young, relatable and highly trained facilitators to deliver fun and engaging sex education workshops to schools, universities and community groups. But they aren’t just ordinary workshops…they’re designed and delivered for young people, by young people.
Our evidence-based, age-appropriate workshops are tried and tested across all relevant age groups and are mapped to State and National curriculum guidelines. Every year, we empower tens of thousands of young people to make informed, positive and safe decisions about sexuality, relationships and growing up.
Elephant Ed has been endorsed by the eSafety Commissioner as a Trusted eSafety Provider, demonstrating our capability and experience in delivering evidence-based online safety content.
After all, sex education is more than just condoms on bananas
- People: We are a youth-led organisation. Our facilitators are highly-trained, young and relatable. They have a fresh insight into adolescence that young people can truly grasp - they’ve recently been on the journey too.
- Content: We don't shy away from tough topics - we tackle them head-on. Our content is designed to respond to relevant matters and challenges facing young people. We embrace all people, no matter their sexuality, gender or background.
- Delivery: We deliver workshops in an informal and interactive manner. We steer clear of lecture-style presentations and encourage dialogue through facilitating conversation and engaging in thought-provoking and fun activities.
- Student workshops: Our student workshops are designed to run for 60-90 minutes for group sizes of up to 35 students. Our workshops provide a stimulating and informal environment, challenging students through creative and relevant activities.
- Parent seminars: Our parent seminars take parents along the journey with their children. We introduce parents to pressing matters facing young people, equipping them with take-home strategies to start open conversations at home.
- Staff PD’s: Our staff PDs provide teachers with valuable insight into current matters facing students. The seminar equips teachers with the skills and knowledge to implement a whole-school approach to sex education, fostering a more positive school environment.
For more information, please contact Brandon Friedman: email@example.com.