Assist Clients with Medication Course Online awareness training
This course has been developed to provide staff with an understanding of how to assist clients in boarding school settings with their medication needs.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- ensure you have the authority to proceed to assist a boarder with their medication
- prepare the boarder for assistance after identifying the level and type of physical assistance or supervision required
- assist and support the administration of a wide range of different types of medications
- understand some of the ways medications are classified
- identify lines of authority, accountability and actions to be taken to handle contingencies
- complete the documentation associated with the administration of medication, and
- implement hygiene and duty of care procedures when addressing the needs of the client.
This course looks at assistance with medication provided by boarding school staff in response to assessed boarder need and in accordance with:
- the relevant health, support or care plan, and
- jurisdictional requirements.
The course covers the distribution and administration of prescribed and over the counter medication as well as how to support clients with self-medication.
The course is online and on-demand, will take approximately 90 minutes to complete, and costs $66 (incl GST) per person.
For consistency the term clients is used in this course, although this refers to boarders.