Yrs 12 - 18 | Boarding and Day
38 Taylor Street,
Principal: Mrs T Appleby
Head of Boarding Contact Information
Name: Jan Pearman
Telephone: (07) 4632 7611
Number in School: 730
Number of Boarders: 80
St Ursula’s College, a Catholic educational and residential community, in the Ursuline tradition, is dedicated to the education and care of young women in Years 7-12. We seek to provide an environment in which each girl is nurtured and offered opportunities for growth and development across a range of areas. We presently have an enrolment of approximately 700 students, 70 of whom are boarders.
The College endeavours to make life as “home like” as possible in the residential community where the girls can feel comfortable and grow in an atmosphere of respect for themselves and others. Our boarding community is small enough to enable one-on-one relationships to develop between students and boarding staff, yet large enough for the girls to make life-long friends.
• We have two boarding houses – Brescia for junior girls (Years 7 - 9) and Garda for senior girls (Years 10 - 12). Having dedicated junior and senior houses allows us to develop age-appropriate activities and care, specifically designed to nurture the girls at each stage as they progress from a young girl into a young woman, gaining independence, confidence and maturity to enter the world beyond school.
• We have a number of support staff on hand 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Some of our staff are also qualified teachers who provide students with additional tutoring where appropriate. This is complemented with the introduction of two international GAP students to the team, with specific interests in creative arts and sports, further enhancing our after-school and weekend activity offerings.
• Our Health Centre provides all the necessary health care with a qualified registered nurse on duty each day.
• Industry trained chefs and kitchen staff ensure that individual needs are catered for and that at all times our students have a wide choice of nutritious and delicious food to choose from throughout the day.
• Girls have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of weekend and representative sports, attend local activities, theatre productions, movies and, on occasions, have the opportunity to travel a little further to Brisbane and the Gold Coast.