Yrs 6 - 12 | Boarding and Day
50 - 60 Cowley Street,
KAMERUNGA, CAIRNS, QLD, 4870
Principal: Ms Elisabeth Fenske
Head of Boarding Contact Information
Name: Mr Marcus Wilkinson
Telephone: (07) 4039 9000
Number in School: 690
Number of Boarders: 110
Peace Lutheran College is a Christian, coeducational day and boarding school.
Delivering a quality education in a vibrant, culturally diverse school community
Peace offers an outstanding program of academic, vocational, sporting, cultural and social experiences, in line with the most modern educational thinking of today.
Learning designed for engagement
- Stimulating, practical academics program tailored to make learning experiences relevant, challenging and of interest.
- Structure and boundaries provide a safe environment.
Building character, establishing trust, creating resilience
A high expectation of our students’ attitude to their education fosters a willingness to learn and opportunities to succeed.
Preparation for the future
Through personal growth, based on Christian values, critical thinking, communication and problem solving skills, students are prepared for their future after school.
Extra-curricular at Peace
Students are offered opportunities to become involved in music, sport and fitness training, service group, STEM Club and Code Club to name a few.
Sport at Peace
Students are offered opportunities to become involved in a variety of mixed gender team sports, inter-school and district competitions, cross country, track and field and swimming.
The Peace Boarding community is an active and vibrant group of students and dedicated staff
- Students come from around Australia, from Cape York, Torres Strait, PNG, Indonesia and Africa to name but a few areas.
- Peace Boarding is a culturally rich and diverse community.
- Boarders range in grade from Year 7 to Year 12.
- We cater for a maximum of 110 students (60 girls and 50 boys).
What is different about Peace Boarding?
The number of students accepted from each school year level is capped to enable:
- A healthy balance of age groups and gender.
- Students forming meaningful relationships.
- The emotional growth and maturity of each student.
- Emulating a home environment with siblings.
- Working in partnership with parents and care providers.
- Nurturing students to grow to their full potential.
- Routines to assist with academic studies, including tutoring.
- Students are involved in an active Christian environment.
- Sporting opportunities through club and school-based teams.
- Social opportunities through weekly scheduled activities.