Year Levels: Yrs 6-12
Oaklands Parade, East
Principal: Dr Alan Campbell
Head of Boarding Contact Information
Name: Mr Jason Wynne-Markham
Telephone: (07) 3896 6355
Number in School: 1800
Number of Boarders: 170
Churchie’s Boarding House is located on the school campus in the inner-city suburb of East Brisbane. Boarding has been an integral part of the Churchie community since the School settled in East Brisbane in 1918.
Churchie’s seven-day-a-week boarding philosophy provides a place for boarders to thrive. The School enjoys the support that parents provide, many of whom have been with Churchie for generations.
At Churchie we seek to establish a strong partnership with you to develop your sons into outstanding young men who will lead and serve their communities.
The aims of the Churchie Boarding community are to:
- provide a happy, secure and challenging environment for each boy so that he may thrive as an individual to achieve his potential
- ensure that each boy engages with his academic responsibilities with vigour and commitment
- provide each boy with support to grow spiritually, academically, personally and through the service he can provide to the wider community beyond the School
- encourage each boy to broaden his horizons and realise the possibilities open to him in the global community
- develop leadership, resilience and self-reliance skills and awareness of the need to be responsible for himself and others.
Boarding at Churchie is for students enrolled in Years 7 to 12. Boarding students come from across Australian metropolitan and rural areas and overseas destinations including Hong Kong, Singapore and Papua New Guinea.
Churchie Boarding offers students very secure and comfortable accommodation in our two main, air-conditioned boarding houses, Gerald and Goodwin. Boarders are cared for by friendly, supportive and experienced staff including a Housemaster, Assistant Housemaster, a Resident Housemother and Resident Supervisor. This key team of four colleagues form the pastoral care team for each house and they get to know and understand the boys very well.
Our boarding staff encourage and arrange opportunities for boarders to experience the many and varied cultural activities in and around Brisbane. Visits and excursions to the cultural complex, theatres, cinemas, sporting events and theme parks all feature in a vibrant recreational and cultural program.
Take an online tour at http://www.churchie.com.au/enrolments/online-tour